9 Best 75-inch TV TCL, Samsung, LG, Sony super-sized screens worth
While a 65-inch TV remains the standard size of choice for many consumers, if you’re ready for an upgrade, the most common next step is to check out 75-inch models. It’s a size available in a lot of the best TV series we review at CNET — even those fancy OLED TVs (technically they’re 77 inches, but they’re still included on this list).
If you’re trying to decide between an excellent 65-inch model or a 75-inch set that performs a bit worse, but has a comparable cost — don’t be afraid to go big! More than a slight increase in image quality, color accuracy, viewing angle, or any smart functionality, stepping up in TV screen size is the best use of your money. I’m not advising you to get a 75-inch TV that doesn’t perform well enough to satisfy you, however. That’s where the reviews come in: to help you decide just how much money to spend.
The list below represents the best TVs I’ve reviewed in CNET’s test lab, where I compare them side by side to see which is most worth buying. Currently, my TV lab is my basement, and as usual, I’ve actually reviewed the 65-inch sizes in the series listed below. That said, the 75-inch versions are basically identical beyond screen size.
9 Best 75-inch TV TCL, Samsung, LG, Sony super-sized screens worth 2021
Here are my latest recommendations, which I update as I review new TVs, with the following notes to keep in mind.
- Looking for another size? Check out: 32-inch TVs, 43-inch TVs, 55-inch TVs, and 65-inch TVs.
- Don’t see what you’re looking for below? Here are all of the TVs I’ve reviewed, with more coming soon.
No TV I’ve ever tested offers this much picture quality for this little cash. The 2020 TCL 6-Series has even better image quality than its predecessor, thanks to mini-LED tech and well-implemented full-array local dimming that helps it run circles around just about any other TV at this price. It’s also a solid choice for gamers with a new THX mode that combines low input lag and high contrast. As if that’s not enough, the Roku TV operating system is our hands-down favorite.
What’s that you say? You just want the best TV in this size class, money no object? Here you go. In my side-by-side tests, the 2020 LG CX is the best TV I’ve ever reviewed, barely beating its 2019 predecessor. OLED TVs don’t come in a 75-inch size, so this 77-inch model is the closest equivalent.
Splitting the difference between the two models above in price and picture quality, this TCL features Mini-LED, a technology that isn’t found on any other TV currently available. The result is superb picture quality that outdoes any other LCD-based TV we’ve tested, although it doesn’t quite hit OLED levels. And just like the 6-Series above, it uses the Roku smart TV system.
Read our TCL 8-Series (75Q825) review.$1,870 AT BEST BUYBest 75-inch value with next-gen connectivity only XBR-X900H series (XBR-75X900H)
If you value Sony’s brand, the X900H Sony TV is an excellent choice, with image quality on par with the TCL 6-Series and a price that’s not that much more expensive. And its suite of connections is actually better than the TCL’s. It has a full 4K/120Hz HDMI input capability to maximize the potential of the new Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, and right now it’s the cheapest TV that works with
Samsung sells more TVs than anyone and our favorite is the Q80T series. Its sleek design stands out compared to the other TVs on this list — although the ultra-thin LG CX OLED is even sleeker — and it also offers excellent image quality, a wide viewing angle, next-gen gaming connectivity and a great smart TV system. The TVs above are superior values but if you want a Samsung TV anyway, this is a great choice.
Read our Samsung Q80T series (2020) review.$2,598 AT AMAZON$2,598 AT WALMART$2,600 AT BEST BUYBest budget 75-inch TVTCL 4-Series (75S425)
Roku is our favorite platform for streaming apps like Netflix, and it’s even better baked into this 75-inch 4K ultra HD TV. Image quality on this 4K UHD TCL can’t beat any of the models above — its 4K resolution and HDR compatibility don’t do anything to help the picture — but it’s perfectly fine for most people, especially at this price.
Other stuff to know about buying a new Best 75-inch TV
I’m pretty sure you’d be happy with any one of the TVs above, but a new smart TV set can be a big investment, so maybe you’re looking for a bit more information. Here’s a quick and dirty list.
- With the ongoing pandemic, many new TVs are shipping late. A few of the TVs on this list are still 2019 models, but I expect to review newer models soon.
- On the other hand, since TVs are generally a mature technology, the new models may not include major upgrades over the previous versions. Most buyers will still be perfectly happy with a 2019 TV, especially since they’re generally cheaper.
- If you don’t like the built-in smart TV system, you can always add a media streamer for more content. They’re cheap and easy to use, and receive updates more frequently than most smart TVs. See the best media streamers here.
- Most TVs have built-in speakers with terrible sound quality, so it’s worthwhile to pair your new set with a soundbar or other speaker system. Good ones start at around $100. See the best soundbars here.
Looking for even more info? Here’s everything to know (and more) about buying a new TV.
More TV recommendations Best 75-inch TV
- How Samsung QLED and LG OLED, the two best TV technologies, compare
- Best universal remote control of 2021
- 12 awesome kids TV shows to watch during the quarantine
- Philips Hue adds Alexa, Siri, and Google voice control for TV synced lighting
- Best gaming TV in 2021 with low input lag and high picture quality
- What is OLED and what can it do for your TV?
- How to buy a TV
- How big a TV should I buy?
- Best TV antennas for cord cutters
9 Best 75-inch TV TCL, Samsung, LG, Sony super-sized screens worth
- Best 55-inch TVs for 2021
- Amazon introduces first OLED TV with built-in Amazon Alexa
- Hisense 70-inch 4K UHD Smart Android TV deal is still available for $400
- Best TVs in 2021
- Budget hack: Replace Netflix and other pricey subscriptions with these free versions
- 15 of the best TV shows to watch on Amazon Prime Video
- The 9 best TV series you can watch free on Peacock and other services
- Best portable projector with battery power for 2021: BenQ, Anker, LG, and more
The best 75–inch 4K TVs of 2021 are truly a sight to behold.
- Best 75–inch TV: Samsung Q950TS 8K QLED. …
- Top Best 75–inch OLED: LG CX Series. …
- Best value 75–inch TV: TCL 6-Series (US) …
- Mid-range pick: LG Nano90 LCD TV.
Who has the best deal on a 75 inch TV?
Amazon Prime Day is renowned for offering excellent 75–inch TV deals. Expect to see massive discounts on TVs from the likes of TCL and Hisense. These brands will offer the lowest prices. However, we also expect Amazon to offers deals on name-brand manufacturers from the likes of LG, Samsung, and Vizio.
Is it worth buying a 75 inch TV?
Since 65- and even 75–inch TVs are now far more affordable, they’re worth considering if you’ve got the space. If you want to go really big, like an 88-inch TV, consider a projector instead if you’ve got control over the ambient light in your room.
How far should you sit from a 75 inch TV?
15.5 feet 75” TV– You should sit between 9.5 and 15.5 feet away from the screen. An 80” TV– You should sit between 10 and 16.5 feet away from the screen. An 85” TV– You should sit between 10.5 and 17.5 feet away from the screen.
Searches related to best 75-inch tv
- best 75 inch tv australia
- Top best 75 inch tv under $1,000
- best 75 inch tv under $2,000
- Top best 75 inch tv uk
- best 75 inch tv under $1,500
- samsung 75 inch tv
- best 75-inch tv for gaming
- walmart 75 inch tv