11 Flatbed Best Photo Scanners with Windows, Mac 2021
We all have piles of photos somewhere. Whether they’re all from one vacation taken two years ago or from long ago when camera flashes made everyone’s eyes red, photos are something we want to keep. The problem is, we don’t usually have all the space in the world for them.
Instead of keeping a giant 50-pound box full of photos in your basement, you could scan in photos and keep them available digitally. That way, you can reprint any older pictures and have them fresh and new for framing. This also keeps them from getting so worn, they’re barely visible anymore.
However, photo scanning can be a hassle. Not only can these convenient machines be pricey, they can also sometimes take a long time to figure out. No one wants to put precious childhood memory photos in a machine without knowing how to use it or if the picture will be safe.
11 Flatbed Best Photo Scanners with Windows, Mac 2021
Here at 10beasts, we know technology can be stressful. That’s why we’ve taken the time to do the research for you, so you can know which 3D printing pens are worth reviewing, and which new gadgets and techs you should be considering. Since photo scanning is something we all look into at some point in life, we’re determined to the task easier on you by reviewing the top 6 best photo scanners available now.
MY TOP PICK:
If you are looking for the best overall, I recommend the Epson FastFoto FF-680Wbecause it features ultra-fast scanning and an enlarging resolution of up to 1200 DPI.
Keep your valuable photos archived and safe forever with a quality scanner. Not only does storing your photos digitally allow you to prevent the loss of the images, but also makes it easier to find, send and share memories with others. The following photo scanners use the latest innovative components to meet your needs and help to ensure you do your best work.
So here is my list of The 10 Best Photo Scanners.
1. Epson FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-Speed Photo Scanner
The Epson FastFoto FF-680W Wireless High-Speed Photo Scanner offers ultra-fast scanning up to one photo per second at 300 dpi.
- Features SafeTouch Technology for worry-free scanning up to 8.5″ wide, plus postcards, Polaroid photos and panoramas.
- Features a variety of modes for quick sharing, archiving and enlargements.
- Single-Step Technology for 2-sided scanning.
- Offers modes for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1200 dpi).
- Single-Step Technology to capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back in a single scan.
- Includes both USB and wireless connectivity for flexible placement.
- Second-generation Epson® FastFoto Software makes everything easy, with convenient photo editing and smart file organization tools.
Check out this quick video overview of how to scan photos with the Epson FF-680W:
2. Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Photo Scanner
The Fujitsu PA03656-B005 Photo Scanner features a newly-developed GI processing engine that can wirelessly operate the scanner via your smart phone.
- Generates password and digital ID attached PDF files for protecting personal information.
- Offers the paper feeding performance of high-speed, high-volume devices.
- Wi-Fi connectivity to a PC or Mac.
- Automatically synchronize scanned documents between your computer and mobile device.
- ScanSnap Receipt allows users to easily scan and extract information from receipts.
- Bundled with searchable PDF creation software.
- Link directly with your iPad, iPhone, and Android devices via a Wi-Fi connection.
3. Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo Scanner
The Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo Scanner provides a maximum optical resolution of 4800 x 4800 dpi.
- Five EZ Buttons that enable you to scan, copy, Send to Cloud, or create a single or multipage PDF quickly.
- Creates letter-sized color scan in approximately 10 seconds.
- Included stand to enables vertical scanning.
- Z-LidTM Expansion Top extends up approximately one-inch and over the platen to let you scan large items, such as textbooks or other thick documents.
- Automatically employs area-by-area correction for beautiful, easy-to-view scans.
- Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves with suitable settings.
- Easily send all your data or attachments to Dropbox or Evernote with a single button.
4. Doxie Go SE Portable Photo Scanner
The Doxie Go SE Portable Photo Scanner features a rechargeable battery allows you to scan anywhere without a computer, up to 400 scans per charge.
- Simply charge and insert your documents to scan, archive, and share.
- Simple to use: no special drivers required.
- Compact, efficient design goes anywhere.
- Auto-Adjust applies smart cropping, de-skew, and automatic contrast to make every scan look amazing.
- The included software makes it easy to organize, create searchable multi-page PDFs, save as JPEG/PDF/PNG’s.
- Doxie integrates award-winning ABBYY OCR technology that recognizes the text in your documents and creates searchable PDFs.
- Included memory stores up to 4,000 scans before needing to sync.
5. Epson Perfection V600 Photo Scanner
The Epson Perfection V600 Photo Scanner provides a complete photo restoration solution One-touch color restoration and Arcsoft Photostudio.
- Features 6400 x 9600 dpi resolution, up to 17″ x 22″.
- Built-in Transparency Unit to scan slides, negatives and medium-format panoramic film up to 6 x 22 cm.
- Features DIGITAL ICE for both film and prints.
- Includes Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software to easily convert scanned documents into editable text.
- Features Epson’s exclusive ReadyScan LED technology for increased productivity and energy efficiency.
- Four customizable buttons to instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email and create PDFs.
6. Brother DS-620 Mobile Photo Scanner
The Brother DS-620 Mobile Photo Scanner measuring less than 12” long and weighs less than one pound making it is easy to carry around and is powered by USB.
- Scans up to 8 pages per minute.
- Resolution up to 1200 × 1200 dpi interpolated and 600 × 600 dpi optical, in color or black and white.
- Includes multiple software solutions:
- Desktop document management,
- Business card management.
- OCR management.
- Also compatible with receipt management software solution, BR-Receipts for organizing scanned receipts.
- Compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac.
7. KODAK Slide N SCAN Film and Slide Scanner
KODAK Slide N SCAN Film and Slide Scanner with Large 5” LCD Screen, Convert Color & B&W Negatives & Slides 35mm, 126, 110 Film Negatives & Slides to High-Resolution 22MP JPEG Digital PhotosKodakBuy On Amazon
The KODAK Slide N SCAN does not scan photos directly but rather it scans the photo negatives or slides.
- Offers a great solution if you do not have the original photos to scan but do have the negatives or slides.
- Features a 14-megapixel sensor.
- Equipped with a large 5” LCD screen to quickly and easily view the scans.
- Features a quick-feeding tray for continuous operation.
- Works with both color and black and white 135, 110, and 126mm negatives, in addition to 50mm slides.
- Requires an SD card (not included).
8. Plustek ephoto Z300 Photo Scanner
The Plustek ephoto Z300 Photo Scanner is specifically designed for quickly scanning photos by using a special soft roller single sheet feeding design to protect old photos.
- Faster option relative to a traditional flatbed scanner.
- Scanning a 4 “x 6” photo takes only two seconds.
- A CCD sensor has the highest degree of reproduction for color images.
- The software automatically detects the paper size, crops blank area, and rotates.
- Auto deskews and auto crops the photos so you don’t need to edit each photo yourself.
- Saves scanned images under various file formats (Jpeg, PDF, TIFF, etc.).
- OCR technology creates scanned files in the searchable PDF file format.
- Scan area varies from 1″ x 1″ to 8″ x 11.5″ size and can hold up to 0.24″ thick paper or card.
- Button-free operation.
9. Canon ImageFORMULA R40 Photo Scanner
The Canon ImageFORMULA R40 is designed to handle a range of different document types including photos, receipts, business cards, documents with varying thicknesses, etc.
- Equipped with a 60 sheet automatic feeder that can scan up to 40 pages per minute.
- Offers the ability to scan both sides of a document.
- Features an easy to use one-touch operation.
- Compatible with both Windows PC and Mac.
- Provides a computer connected via the included USB cable.
10. ClearClick 14 MP QuickConvert 2.0 Photo Scanner
The ClearClick 14 MP QuickConvert 2.0 is powered by a rechargeable battery so it offers a portable design that can be used to scan anywhere.
- Features a design that scans from above so the photos do not need to be removed from an album or frame.
- Equipped with a tray for scanning 4×6 photos or smaller.
- Features a 2.4″ screen to preview photos before scanning.
- Offers the ability to scan 35mm slides and 110/126 negatives.
- Includes a memory card, to which all images are saved, so it does not require a computer connection.
- Includes a USB cable to transfer images to a computer. This can also be done by inserting the memory card into a card reader.
- Features a 14 megapixel scan resolution.
Digitize those never-forgotten photos with one of our picks for the best photo scanners.
- Epson Fastfoto FF-680W. …
- Plustek Photo Scanner. …
- Kodak Scanza Digital Film and Slide Scanner. …
- Doxie Q Wireless Document Scanner. …
- Epson Perfection V39. …
- Canon CanoScan Lide 400 Slim Scanner. …
- Epson Perfection V850 Pro. …
- Epson Perfection V600.
Which photo scanner is best? Compare SpecsThe Best Photo Scanners for 2021
|Our Picks||Canon CanoScan LiDE 400 See it $93.68 at Amazon||Epson FastFoto FF-680W See it $774.92 at Amazon|
|Editors’Rating||Editors’ Choice 4.0 Editor Review||Editors’ Choice 4.0 Editor Review|
|Maximum Optical Resolution||4800 ppi||600 ppi|
|Mechanical Resolution||4800 ppi||1200 ppi|
Best High-Speed Photo Scanners
- Fujitsu FI-7160 Color Duplex Scanner. The Fujitsu FI-7160 is a top-of-the-line duplex color scanner that will blast through your photo collection in no time. …
- Epson FastFoto FF-640. …
- Plustek Photo Scanner. …
- Epson Perfection V800/V85o Pro Photo Scanner. …
- Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII.
What is the best resolution to scan old photos?
If the original photo is small, scan at 600 dpi or higher. If you scan a 2×3-inch photo at 1200 dpi, for example, it will become a 16×24-inch digital image without losing quality. The Kodak P460 and the PanDigital can also scan strips of negatives and color slides that are removed from their holders, at 1,200 dpi. The Epson flatbed scanner …
Searches related to the best photo scanner
- best photo scanner app
- Epson Sastfoto ff-680w
- best photo scanner Australia
- best photo scanner the UK
- Epson photo scanner
- best photo scanning software
- Top best photo scanner with feeder
- best photo scanner with feeder 2020