8 Best LED Light Strip for Every Room: Buying Guide 2023
Has it ever happened to you that you wanted to give an aesthetic change to your house’s lighting while reducing electricity consumption? It would be wonderful if there were something for that.
Fortunately, there are already LED strip lights, which will fill your home with varied colours that will make you feel in another place and allow you to change the general atmosphere of your home depending on the occasion.
But seeing that there are so many options available, how can I know which one is the best? To give you a solution, we have prepared this buying guide for you to choose the best smart LED strips on the market.
- MUSIC SYNC: Led light strip with music sync function,...
- EASY USE: You can control the Led strip lights via 44key IR...
- EASY INSTALLATION: Just stick the led strips on a clean, dry...
- WIDELY USE: Ultra long led lights for bedroom 100 ft (2...
- Smart app control, ir remote control: The 50 feet led strip...
- Easy installation: The led strip lights 50 feet ultra long...
- Music sync: Led lights strip color changing sync to music by...
- Smart timing settings: With timer function, the rgb led...
- Quality After Sales Service: Please carefully read the User...
- APP Control and Remote Control: Stick 100 ft led lights...
- Music and Light Dance: 100 ft led lights for bedroom Comes...
- Special Timer: The led lights for bedroom 100+ ft can be...
- Flexible Led Strips:100 ft led strips lights can be bent...
- EASY TO INSTALL: The LED strips have a strong adhesive that...
- Smart RGBIC Effects: RGBIC LED lights for bedroom display...
- Smart APP Control: You can unlock various features to...
- DIY with Inspiration: You can choose from a variety of...
- Upgraded Music Sync Mode: Make your smart LED lights for...
- 64+ Preset Scenes: Find the proper lighting effects that fit...
- 【3-way control Your Led Lights】1).Smart led strip lights...
- 【16 Million colors Led Lights for TV】The RGB led strip...
- 【Music Sync TV Led Backlight】By music/mic mode, The led...
- 【Widely Application Christmas Led for TV】The Led light...
- 【Easy Installation & Security】With genuine strong...
- 【App and remote control】DAYBETTER led light strips work...
- 【Music synchronization and timing settings】Led lights...
- 【100ft led light strips】-DAYBETTER Led light strips are...
- 【Easy to install and use】-Our rgb led strip is easy to...
- 【Best gift】Choose from 16 million colors and different...
- 【APP and IR Remote Contorl】With a stable bluetooth...
- 【Music Sync】The built-in mic make the LED lights...
- 【Timing Setting】The Led strip will turn on/off...
- 【Widely use】The led strip lights 100FT is long enough,...
- 【Easily Setup】Tear off strong adhesive tape on light...
- 【Dual Control Options】You can choose colors and lighting...
- 【Sync with Music】Built-in sensitive microphone, the led...
- 【Dynamic and Dimmable Lights】High-quality LED chips...
- 【Great for Decorations】The led lights for bedroom 100 ft...
- 【Easy Installation】With strong adhesive, the led lights...
- 【Super Bright Neon Lights】The neon flex lights is made...
- 【Flexible & Waterproof】 Compared to normal LED strips,...
- 【Cuttable, Dimmable & Safe】 Cuttable every 0.98in(2.5cm)...
- 【Soft Light】Different than other normal ones on the...
- 【Note】 The neon light may flicker if you used an adapter...
- 👉【3000K Color Temperature 】The warm white LED strip...
- 👉【Touchable Dimmable Controller】 Unique Design LED...
- 👉【Cuttable & Extendable Neon Light Strip】 Along black...
- 👉【LED Strip Lights waterproof IP65】 Made of the IP65...
- 👉【Widely Use】 The 16.4 Ft/5m 3000K Dimmable Light...
Which LED strip lights are the best?
- Our pick. TP-Link Tapo Smart Wi-Fi Light Strip L930-5. The best smart strip lights. …
- Runner-up. Govee RGBIC LED Strip Lights. Best for teens and tinkerers. …
- Also great. Govee LED Strip Light M1. Best for task lighting. …
- Budget pick. Wyze Light Strip Pro. Just the basics.
What are the disadvantages of LED light strips?
The Cons of LED Strip Lighting
- Depreciate in Brightness. Although manufactured to last over ten thousand running hours, frequency of usage can result in the bulb burning out ahead of schedule. …
- Initial High(er) Cost. …
- Subtle Light Differences.
Can LED light strips be cut?
LED strip lights are designed to make cutting easy, so all you will need is a pair of scissors. Either follow the cutting line (that sometimes also has a scissor icon on it) or cut between the pair of copper dots that show up at the end of each LED unit.
Are LED strips good for lighting a room?
One of the best uses for LED strip lights is in indirect lighting projects. Indirect lighting is a great way to add focus, texture, layering and accent color to rooms throughout the house. Many people choose to run the strips above cabinets in the kitchen, behind mirrors in the bathroom, or in coves through hallways.
4 Tips For Buying Top Led Light Strips
The moment of planning purchases of any product can be exhausting when you don’t know what to choose or under what criteria. But nothing happens since we have prepared a few tips or features to take into account to help you choose the best-led strip lights wisely.
Length: When buying this product, the ideal is that the strips can cover the entire surface that we have in mind, right? So you must always check the total length of the strips you are going to buy. In this case, we believe that it is best to purchase at least 10 meters of cord. Better than missing. However, do not forget to measure the surface on which you will install your product.
Power supply: Depending on what you may need at home, it is essential to know what type of power your new led strip lights use. Some models can be plugged into the mains, and others run on batteries. In this case, you should think about what is most convenient depending on what space of the house you want to install them in and the frequency of the use you will give it.
Type of strip: Probably in your head, you have imagined your ideal led lights in one way or another; perhaps you imagine them in a specific colour, perhaps in several. The good news is that the variety of LED strip lights is wide, so you will be able to find one that fits your requirements. Many LED lights come in white, different colours, and others with automatic or manual colour changes.
Voltage: Finally, knowing how the voltage works in this product will allow you to know the limitations you may or may not have regarding its installation. A 12-volt Led strip has a maximum length of 5 meters, the 25-volt one 10 meters, and the 230V allows up to 50 meters.
1. Govee LED Light Strip
Gove LED Strips are one of the best alternatives to complete your gaming room or give your home a more colourful style. Although these lights are not suitable for use outdoors, thanks to their 20 varied tones and their comfortable control, you will be able to adapt the lighting to very different situations.
Although its length is not particularly wide, this can come in handy to adapt the strip to smaller spaces such as beds or desks. In addition, the remote has a range of up to 10 meters, so if you do not want to get up from the sofa to change the lighting, this device will make things easier for you.
However, the negative point is that it does not include a single colour flashing option; this mode works while it changes the tonalities. But in general, they are straightforward to assemble strips that will not take much time and will completely change the aesthetics of your room.
- The lights are very durable.
- It lights up very well.
- It is very safe to use.
- Does not include white lighting.
2. Govee Wifi Led Light Strips
If you are lazy to look for the remote to change or turn on the lights, the Govee Wifi Led Strips to work with any virtual assistant so that you can control the functions of your lighting with your voice. In addition, these include a very efficient application with which you will have an impressive variety of colours to choose from.
Although something not so positive is that they are not compatible with 5G-type internet service, it does not work as well as it could in very modern homes. Although leaving this aside, this is a perfect option to have parties at home because it includes a musical mode in which the lights will adapt to the rhythm of the music and the ambient sound.
- Wide variety of colours.
- Intuitive mobile app.
- With time settings.
- The illumination does not vary by segment.
3. Ksipze LED Light Strips
- Voltage: 12V
- Length: 10 meters, 2 x 5 meters.
- waterproof: no
- Modes: 20 colours and eight modes.
- Controller: 44-key controller.
- Special features: Energy efficiency A + + +.
Ksipze LED Strips are a good buy for larger homes. Due to the 10 meters of length that the two tapes cover, you will be able to illuminate vast spaces with ease. This product includes a very intuitive control that you will learn to use in seconds.
Although these are not intelligent lights, they save a lot of electricity, so don’t worry too much about your electricity bill. But our favourite quality of this model is its lighting modes; these modes are very varied and fun, so they are lights that combine with any environment and emotion.
However, it is essential to remember that the adhesives are not particularly good, so we recommend you compliment them with something else for more excellent fixation. But if this is not of significant importance to you, you will have very modern and powerful lights at home that will completely change the aesthetics of your home.
- The vast number of settings.
- Easy to use control.
- Includes slow and fast flash.
- When turned off, they still illuminate a little.
Led Light 5050 RGB
Ideal to set the best parties.
- Voltage: 12 volts.
- Length: 5 meters.
- Colours: 16 million RGB combinations.
- waterproof: no
- Modes: Style, Music, Microphone, Time.
- Controller: App and remote.
- Special features: Energy efficiency class A+
The Aled Light 5050 RGB are very advanced strips that will give you all the versatility you need for any situation. These are double-layered strips that won’t go bad in the long run, so you’ll have the best lighting in your home for a long time.
What has impressed us most about this product is that they illuminate very well; these strips are very powerful and offer an immersive effect throughout the home. And in case you want to spice up family gatherings or parties a little, these include two music sync modes that will amaze all your friends.
All this can be controlled perfectly from a mobile application, which has left good impressions due to how simple it is and how easy it is to control. However, the remote isn’t very good, so you’ll have to use it within a few feet of the lightbox.
- High-quality stickers.
- Easy to cut.
- It is a long-lasting product.
- The power cord is somewhat short.
Lighting EVER String Lights
An elegant product for formal environments.
- Length: 5 meters.
- Voltage: 12V
- Lighting: 1,200 lumens.
- Colours: 1, white.
- waterproof: no
- Modes: Dimmer.
- Controller: Command.
Lighting EVER Strip Lights is perfect for more discreet and minimalist lighting. If you do not enjoy aggressive and varied colours, this product will come in handy due to its simplicity and durability.
The best thing about this type of strip is that they combine very well in any home environment; their completely white lighting is perfect even for the kitchen. Your whole house will look very modern and stylish, plus you’ll be able to save a bit on light bulbs because of how well they work.
Something to keep in mind is that it doesn’t include colours or other special functions typical of this type of product, so don’t expect too advanced modes. These lights are very bright, and their power can be gradually increased and decreased to have the ideal lighting for any time of day.
- They adapt to any dry surface.
- Very sticky adhesive.
- Gradual regulation.
- Does not include a remote control
How to install smart led strips
A fundamental part of the experience of buying LED strips is their installation. Knowing how it is done is a process that can even be entertaining. So we have prepared a step-by-step guide, so you don’t get lost in the process.
- Reveal the adhesive
If you carefully check your led tape, you will notice that a layer of adhesive is stuck on it, which works as a protector for the tape’s glue. Slowly remove the adhesive from the tape in concise pieces to avoid damaging the glue with dirt. But wait! Before you begin, this step must be done simultaneously with the next step, so read on before installing.
Install your ribbon – LED Light Strip
Once you have your tape in hand and you have removed a small part of the adhesive, start sticking the strip of led lights from the corner of the wall until you go all the way to the next corner. As you adhere the tape to the wall, you must reveal the adhesive as indicated in step number 2. To ensure the symmetry of the tape, help yourself with the edge of the ceiling.
Secure the tape
If you have purchased a quality string of lights, the adhesive glue will probably also be of excellent quality. However, never be too careful. If you want to prevent the tape from falling out of position, gently press down on each small tape segment to ensure that it correctly adheres to the wall. Doing this will avoid having to redo the process later.
Assemble the wiring, And that’s it!
When you have placed the strips on each desired surface, it will be time to start putting together the wiring. To do this, connect the sync cable with the receiver. Usually, the receiver will have glue to allow you to adhere it to the wall. Please take advantage of this quality to support him in the best position available. To secure this adhesive, press for 30 seconds. Plug the receiver into the nearest outlet, and you’re done!
Buying guide for led strip lights
Do you already feel that you have much more knowledge about led lights but still have many doubts? For this occasion, we have prepared a buying guide with information you need to know about this product to make a wise and responsible purchase.
LED strip lights and their integration with smart homes
Some LED lights come with the option to connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, allowing you to enjoy a host of fun and helpful lighting features.
The lights can work with Alexa voice control, SIRI, and Google Assistant. Still, you can adjust the brightness level through an application, create schedules, choose between warm and cool tones from more than 16 million colours, and choose from over 60 preset lighting scenes. Likewise, they can be synchronized with the rhythm of any sound playing, be it from a speaker, TV or your voice.
Colours in your led strips and colour temperature
We know that if you have already decided to buy an LED strip, you have not only chosen it for its energy savings. We know that the aesthetics it will provide to your home are relevant for you. For this reason, we always recommend that you find out all the options you have available in terms of colours and the measurement system used to calculate the temperature of each colour.
If we talk about options, there are many. If you want a unicolour led tape, there is variety in this aspect. You can choose between white and a host of different shades. In addition, other tapes constantly vary the colour on a scheduled basis. The colour you choose depends only on your preferences, but you have many to choose from.
However, if you want to know if you choose a warm or cool colour, you can guide yourself through the measurement in degrees Kelvin (K). The higher the number of Kelvin degrees, the cooler that colour’s temperature will be. Therefore, a colour close to 2000K will be much warmer than around 5000K, for example.
Before buying a model of led strip lights, you need to know that the four primary colours have profound effects on the mind and body, and science has proven it. Next, we will talk a little more about this so that you can take advantage of the psychology of colour in the configuration of your LED strips.
Red – LED Light Strip
Red stands out for its physically stimulating properties, it is the symbol of anger, energy, and warning signs, but it evokes a fight or flight response in people. In a way that increases adrenaline and is the right colour for those who work well under stress.
However, this is a colour that should be used sparingly, as, at some point, it can become overwhelming to the point of hampering your productivity.
The colour blue is relaxing by nature, as it recalls the clarity and calm of the ocean. It is one of the colours frequently used in offices or medical offices; for this reason, it is a calming colour that supports clear communication.
LED strips in this colour are perfect for you to use at any time of the day, as long as you want to increase clarity and stay focused on your work.
Yellow – LED Light Strip
This colour represents positivity, so yellow is the one if you want to inject energy into your mood. Psychologically speaking, it is one of the most vibrant colours that significantly influences the stimulation of imagination and creativity.
If you have a creative block or feel discouraged, put yellow colour on your led lights, this could help you feel better and more productive.
Green – LED Light Strip
Green is characterized by a colour that does not tire the eyes, so if your work or study sessions last long hours, this is the colour for you. Also, it is good to bring some calm and tranquillity to your mood.
If you are stressed or anxious and want to change your mood, opt for green LED lights in your study so that your brain can relax.
Before choosing your led strips locate where you will place them.
Knowing the specifications of the best-led strips is essential, but before buying, you should know where you are going to place them. Taking this into account is essential not to waste time or money because there are different types of tapes that specialize in specific parts of the home. For example, some led strips are designed to be installed on stairs, and others to complement the lighting of furniture,
Therefore, thinking about the place of installation of the lights is essential because of the dimensions and because each type of led strip light includes particular functions that may not be fully used if they are not placed where they should be.
Buying waterproof lights may not be a good idea if they will not be exposed to any liquid. For cases like this, it is better to determine the advantages of each type of LED light and think about whether we need it.
Consumption of smart led strip
Power consumption is one of the reasons why as a society, we have started to switch to LED lights. The reason is that LED lights consume much less energy than traditional lights, which leads us to take this option to reduce costs in the electricity bill.
The voltage tells us how much energy we are consuming while the lights are on and, in turn, how much we will have to pay at the end of each month. It would help to verify the power per foot, meter or reel before buying the led strip lights.
About the glow in your led light strip
It is true that some characteristics of led lights can be confusing and can even lead you to make wrong decisions; in fact, one of the most common questions is related to its brightness. Therefore, it is essential to know that it is not the voltage that indicates its intensity but the lumens per meter. The least luminous strips are around 360 lumens per meter, while the highest ones are closer to 720.
However, many stores may not provide you with this information. But fortunately, you can also guide yourself with another slightly simpler reference system. The density of the LED lights can give you an idea of the average brightness of the light strip.
In short, today, there are standard density (SD) and high density (HD) tapes. The medium density ones produce approximately 540 lumens per meter, while the high-density ones produce an average of 1080 lumens per meter. The distinction between these two categories will give you a clear and concise idea of which tape will offer you the correct brightness for the room or object you want to illuminate.
Take steps to choose your smart led strip and not fall short.
The first thing you have to do before buying an LED light strip is to take the exact measurements of the spaces in which you are going to install them. Starting from the corners, check the length of each wall you want to install your lights using a tape measure. It is essential because if it is necessary to cut, you will know precisely how high to do it; this will help you not to fall short with the purchase.
If you are looking for a light, especially for stairs, they will recommend smaller led lights for easier installation. Fortunately, there is a lot of variety in the length of led light cords on the market today, making it easier for you to choose precisely what you need. In addition, many of these strips have the advantage that they can be attached to other strips to increase the length if necessary.
The flexibility of your led light cords is essential; why?
This particular point has several details to take into account. First of all, most LED lights indeed have great flexibility. However, some tapes are more flexible than others, mainly depending on their lighting power. The higher the power of the tape, the lower its flexibility. These more powerful products are typically much shorter because they are used for smaller objects.
It should be noted, then, that the most flexible tapes are much longer, and, as far as flexibility is concerned, some can bend up to 90º. But what good is that to me? You will ask yourself. The more mobility and flexibility the tape has, the more versatility you will have to install it in the most complicated corners. It can be very convenient for large spaces.
Doubts you may have
Do smart led strip work with dimmers?
Yes, almost all models of led strips are compatible with dimmers. For one of these to be dimmable, its input cable must be connected to a dimming unit and then the unit to the power supply.
How to get an ambient light with led strip light?
If you want to create ambient light with your LED lights, you should place them in strategic places such as under or above kitchen cabinets and counters, behind bathroom mirrors, or around large pieces of furniture such as the entertainment units in your home. Home
How to safely recycle your old led strip lights?
If you want to recycle your led strips, you can dispose of them by taking them to local recycling centres.
What is the lifespan of led strip lights?
Most LED strip lights are designed to last up to 50,000 hours of use, equating to approximately 10-20 years of operation.
Can LED strip lights help productivity?
According to scientific studies, LED strip lights can profoundly affect health, particularly mental state. They have been shown to link productivity and alertness and even help with issues like depression.
More electronics products LED Light Strip
Now that you know much more about this helpful device, you will be pleased to know that we have prepared many other comparative articles on electronics that will surely interest you. We leave them below:
- Nothing like being safe at home; therefore, if you want to avoid any accident, you will be interested in reading our comparison of the best smoke detectors on the market today. But if what you are looking for is another type of detector to help you find objects, do not miss our article on the top metal detectors of the year.
- If you like video games, you will want to have your new gaming computer in a good place, so we invite you to read our article on the best gaming desks you can buy. And to complete the kit, nothing like the comfort of the best pc controller for video games on the market. But don’t forget the temperature of your PC; to solve that, we invite you to read about the best laptop cooling pads out there.
- On the other hand, if you enjoy television and movies more, you will be interested in having a top satellite decoder in your home. But if you are also a busy person who needs the internet anywhere, we recommend you review our comparison of the best portable Wi-Fi you can buy.
- Few are as enjoyable as giving a concert in the shower, so if you want a companion, you should read about the best shower radios. And since we are talking about practical products, we recommend you review our selection of top wireless doorbells so you can hear them throughout your home. Also, if you want your house to smell good all the time, we recommend reading about the best diffusers you can buy.
- Suppose you are an artist or have very creative children at home. In that case, you should read what we have prepared for you about the best 3D printing pens. Among other technological articles, we have a special one for you so you can predict the weather in this article on the best domestic weather stations.
- To keep your house looking new, we have both an article on the best glass cleaners on the market and another on the best lint removers currently available to clean your carpets. And if you have a business that you want to run or for any other reason, we have also prepared a comparison of the best barcode scanners on the market.
8 Best LED Light Strips for Every Room: Buying Guide 2023
Last update on 2023-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API