GOXLR TC-Helicon Vocal Effects Processor Mixer, Sampler, Voice FX Streamers 2021
GoXLR – Mixer, Sampler, & Voice FX for Streamers · Multi-channel mixer: motorized faders let you control mic, game, music, chat, and more for the perfect … GoXLR is an all-in-one audio solution for streamers and online broadcasters. What would take dozens of pieces of hardware and software can now be achieved by one sleek and intuitive package. Mix your audio in real-time, change your voice, playback samples on the fly, and engage your audience like never before. Whether you’re a seasoned audio engineer or are brand new, the GoXLR app features simple and easy-to-use controls to get you up and running quickly with
The Twitch streaming landscape is more competitive than ever before.
To have any shot of success streaming these days your production quality has to be top-notch, and we don’t just mean your video quality or editing (though both are key) – we’re talking about your audio, too.
Sadly, the industry-standard mixer for streamers – the GoXLR – is as expensive as they come.
Here are some top alternatives that won’t break your bank account.
1. The 7 Best Hardware
2. The 3 Best Software
What is the best alternative to the GoXLR Mixer?
1. GoXLR Mini
The GoXLR Mini is easily one of the best mixers available for streamers today, you can think of it as a stripped-down and streamlined version of its “big brother”.
Designed to be a “go live” piece of gear, specifically for streamers and online broadcasters, you’ll be able to take advantage of a very flexible and adaptable USB based mixing studio for all the audio you are working with.
The simplified version might only have a handful of buttons and individual sliders on the front panel itself, however, due to the great studio-quality EQ and GoXLR software, you’ll be surprised at how useful these extra hotkeys are.
Twitch streamers, in particular, are going to be able to clean up their audio pretty quickly when they are running this budget-focused, and slightly more basic mixer from GoXLR.
PRIMEeligible GoXLR Mini – Mixer & USB Audio Interface for Streamers, Gamers & Podcasters
- “Go live” desktop rig for online broadcasters gives you instant control over your audio
- Flexible and intuitive USB-based mixing for all of your audio – simple, easy-to-use controls get you up and running quickly
- Studio quality EQ, compression and gating help your voice sound its best
- Pc app lets you control and recall all of your favorite settings
$249.99 PRIMEeligible Buy Now on Amazon
2. Rode RODECaster Pro
The RodeCaster audio mixing panel is a tad more expensive than the one highlighted above, but it still isn’t quite as pricey as the original GoXLR.
Whether you are brand-new to the world of streaming/ audio mixing or are a seasoned veteran with lots of time broadcasting HD audio from a mixer like this, all the tools and technology you need to get great results are built into this board.
For the individual channel, mic options work to power both studio-quality condenser and dynamic mics – and with automatic leveling, this makes maintaining your sound a lot easier.
Features such as programmable sound effects, easy to trigger SFX options, and the ability to record audio directly to your pads before inputting them into your computer make the Rode a great bit of kit to own.
The learning curve is a little steeper with this option, but those Twitch streamers who take the time to master it will get almost all the benefits of the GoXLR at a fraction of the price.
- 4 high-quality mic channels power studio condenser mics and conventional dynamic mics and feature automatic level setting and one-touch recording to a microSD card
- 8 programmable sound effects pads allow instant triggering of SFX, music, and more; record audio direct to the pads from any input.
- Interview remotely by simply connecting your phone via Bluetooth or with a TRRS cable; automatic “mix-minus” audio prevents echo being heard by callers.
- Connects to computer via USB to record using your favorite recording software or stream live; separately record multiple tracks for editing in post-production.
$599.00 Buy Now on Amazon
3. Creative Sound Blaster K3+
This alternative by Creative is a serious contender that goes toe to toe with the GoXLR, at least as far as feature richness is concerned. In fact, for the price, it’s probably one of the most impressive external sound mixer modules that money can buy.
It features a variety of different connectivity input options, full support for 48 V Phantom condenser microphones, and a straightforward to use control scheme.
Combine this with the fact that there are already six different streamer presets built into the board and there’s a lot to like here. New streamers are going to be able to hit the ground running with this audio unit just by using the presets that work best for them. You will then be able to tinker with the custom settings later to find your ideal sound.
Get a head start on the streaming game with this pre-programmed audio mixer.
PRIMEeligible Creative Sound Blaster K3+ Digital Mixer
- Powers up easily via portable battery pack, laptop, wall socket, car lighter port and more.
- USB Connection to PC or Mac – Broadcast audio out from your computer into the mixer, record your performance directly to your desired device or livestream using a webcam or video capture device.
- 9 Adjustable Reverb Effects – Choose from various reverb effects types and fine-tune the aggressiveness of the effect and delay with a twist of a knob.
- Soundboard clips/ Pitch Correction Effects – apply soundboard effects to your broadcasting.
$119.46 PRIMEeligible Buy Now on Amazon
4. Neewer Mixing Console
The Neewer Mixing Console is a lightweight 2-channel mixer. It has two 3 pin XLR’s inputs/ amps for your mic-in, L/R phones, as well as RCA jacks for your ins and outs. There are gain controls for both of the two channels, but it does lose out on a lot of the other features that come with the GoXLR.
If you’re new to streaming on Twitch and have recently bought an XLR microphone (but don’t feel ready to splash on an expensive audio mixer), then this is a great budget option. It features a phantom power preamp that is required to power all kinds of condenser mics and can do so at the touch of a button.
The compact and portable size is another desirable trait that this bit of kit has going for it. Most streamers won’t ever need to use more than two microphone inputs during their broadcasts, which is why (at only 680 grams), the Neewer is a suitable choice for the majority of people.
The attractive, modern design won’t look at all out of place on your desk.
PRIMEeligibleNeewer Mixing Console – 2-Channel
- ONE-KNOB FUNCTIONALITY: Studio-grade compressor with a control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound; Has 4 LED level indicator: (Clip), 0, -10, -20
- HIGH HEADROOM ANOLOG MIXER: Has ultra-low noise (Residual noise of main output) is -103dB and of subsidiary output is -90dB)
- PHANTOM POWERED XENYX MIC PREAMP: Possess an impressively wide frequency range that allow them to handle signal from any audio source.
$52.99 PRIMEeligible Buy Now on Amazon
5. Roland VT-4 Vocal Transformer
The Roland VT-4 is an easy-to-use, yet effective voice transformer. A voice transformer is essentially an effects processor for the human voice. It provides a hands-on approach for shaping your vocal sounds with just a push, slide, or turn on the control panel.
When compared to the GoXLR, the main difference with this alternative is that it focuses on the voice FX side of things. The four faders on the VT-4 perform a similar function to the GoXLR dials – to control your Reverb, Pitch, Echo, etc. It’s not a mixer but can be connected to one via an aux loop.
While this might not meet some people’s needs it might be ideal for others. If you’re mainly searching for a way of adding voice effects (such as Megaphone, Robot, Vocoder, and Harmony, etc.) then it’s perfect for that. Using Ableton, you can even load up your own external midi effects.
The VT-4 can also connect to your PC via USB, and can accept XLR type microphones.
PRIMEeligible Roland VT-4 Vocal Transformer
- Roland VT-4 is an easy-to-use but incredibly effective voice transformer
- Features Modern and retro vocal effects, including delay, reverb, formant and vocoding
- Able to layer multiple effects at once or chain them together
- Allows totally smooth, instant control over both pitch and formant for real-time tweaking
- Compact size and five-hour battery l
$249.99 PRIMEeligible Buy Now on Amazon
6. Mackie Mix Series – 5 Channel Mixer
The 5-channel is the smallest and most affordable professional-grade mixer from Mackie. The build quality of this unit is exceptional. High-end construction materials have been used throughout to give this GoXLR alternative a similar portable design.
On top of that, the overall control scheme of this unit is really simple to navigate. All buttons and knobs (as well as inputs) are clearly marked and labeled. Just like the Alto, the LED lighting comes in a variety of different colors that makes navigating the board straightforward, too.
The aftermarket accessory world for this mixing board is fantastic. You’ll be able to pick up all kinds of different cables, input options, microphones, and more to extend this affordable board as your Twitch career grows and your demands change. This is a board that can adapt as your needs do.
- 5‐channel compact mixer with proven high headroom
- 1 mic/line input with studio‐level audio quality
- Dedicated stereo RCA inputs/outputs for playback or recording
- 2‐band EQ with clean, precise tone shaping
- Phantom power for studio condenser mics
$59.99 Buy Now on Amazon
7. Alto Professional – 5 Channel / 2-Bus
The Alto Professional is another 5-channel professional-grade compact mixer for you to choose from. Unlike the larger and more expensive 6 or 8 channels, the compact footprint of the 5-channel makes it easy to have this unit close at hand without having to sacrifice any technical capabilities.
There’s a lot of headroom built “under the hood” of this unit to provide the extra dynamic range that you might not have gotten otherwise. The ultra-low noise and discrete microphone preamplifier feature “Phantom power”, and there’s a selection of different knobs to adjust things like EQ and Gain.
We particularly like the bright LED indicators that allow you to identify different parts of your mixer during dim light sessions. Even when you are focused elsewhere, a glance at this board will quickly indicate the levels you are using during the stream.
PRIMEeligibleAlto Professional, 5, 5-Channel / 2-Bus
- A Mixer For Any Occasion – Six total inputs with a phantom powered XLR input on channel 1 – perfect for musicians looking for a compact, capable mixing console for studio, podcast or live sound use.
- Superior Sound Quality – High headroom circuitry offering extra dynamic range and ultra-low-noise for the best performance from your studio microphones
- Tweak Your Sound – Warm, natural two-band EQ on the mono channel for adding studio grade processing to your dynamic, ribbon and condenser microphone signals.
$88.11 PRIMEeligibleBuy Now on Amazon
8. ALPOWL Mini Sound Mixer Board
Compatibility is the name of the game with the ALPOWL mini mixer.
You’ll be able to run pretty much any input imaginable through this mixer, including cell phones, mobile devices, computers, as well as traditional dynamic microphones. The real key feature here though is the built-in Dual DSP Noise Reduction Technology and ECHO features.
You’re going to be able to enjoy much more consistent and high quality sounds out of your microphones thanks to these cool features. 12 SFX options (programmable) are available on the front of the board with 12 other custom sounds that can be saved as well. Additionally, Six gameplay presets are built right in to help you hit the ground running.
The price tag on this GoXLR alternative feels almost too good to be true. But a contested warranty, great reputation, and top-shelf customer support should give you the confidence you need to pull the trigger on this unit.
- 【Professional Noise Reduction Technology】Built-in Dual DSP Noise Reduction Chip and ECHO, There are dual DSP noise reduction chips inside the sound card voice changer.
- 【Multiple Effects, Modes and Gameplay】6 mode selections, 12 electro-effects options, 12 funny sound effects, 7 different gameplays, 3 sound transitions.
- 【Multi-Device Support】Compatible for double cell phone live, mobile phone computer synchronous live.
What does a GoXLR do?
GoXLR gives you control of your audio like never before. With a 4-channel mixer, you can control the volume of all your audio sources in real-time so you can keep your focus where it needs to be.
Is GoXLR discontinued?
We will not be replacing GoXLR in the next 6 months. While we obviously can’t share timelines – we have no interest in making GoXLR obsolete 1 year after introducing it.
Is GoXLR an audio interface?
GoXLR MINI is an intuitive all-in-one audio interface for live streamers and content creators. Designed specifically for an online creator’s workflow, GoXLR MINI establishes multiple USB audio devices in Windows so you can control your app volumes individually.
Can you use a USB mic with GoXLR?
Can you use a USB headset with this? Answer: We found that if you have the GoXLR, and a USB headset, that we can still get the sound over. Put a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord from the headset output on the GoXLR, and into the Line In port on the back of a computer.
Do you need a Cloudlifter with GoXLR?
The #GoXLR is not an x series preamp. It is actually a Midas preamp with enough gain to power an sm7b without a cloud lifter. You’re right, it does need dc power to run.
Is the GoXLR a preamp?
Designed for content creators and live streamers, the TC Helicon GoXLR Mini is a device that combines a preamp, a studio-quality effects engine, and a USB interface to give you the power to create high-quality audio content without negatively affecting video quality.
Does the GoXLR have an amp?
Yes, it does! We can push 150ohm headphones comfortably. If you get 250ohm-300ohm headphones, you can put your headphone amp behind GoXLR (do so responsibly) as those are really meant to have a dedicated amp anyways.
How do I install GoXLR?
Download the GO XLR app: a) Go to the GO XLR product page at tc-helicon.com/products/goxlr. b) Click on the Downloads tab. c) Click on the download icon for the latest version of the GO XLR app. d) Follow the onscreen installation instructions.
goxlr voice changer