21 Coffee Station Ideas coffee bar, kitchen Dream Home Cafe 2022
For java lovers everywhere, a killer at-home coffee station is not a want but a need. According to a survey conducted by the National Coffee Association, 64 percent of Americans consume coffee on a daily basis, with 79 percent of those surveyed reporting that that coffee was brewed in the comfort of their own home (sorry, Starbucks).
So when it comes to creating the ultimate coffee space, where should you begin? Whether you’re a long-time coffee devotee looking to upgrade your personal setup or someone who’s been missing their daily trips to the local café, we put together 21 coffee station ideas that will make your at-home brewing experience all the more luxe.
WHAT ITEMS SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN A COFFEE STATION?
Whether it’s a recessed section of your kitchen or the top of a thrift store buffet, your coffee bar can be a cozy place in your home to enjoy your favorite beverage. These are the items you will need to create your own coffee station:
- Coffee machines. Whether you prefer a pot, a pour, a press, or a single serving, you will need a way to prepare your brew.
- Coffee and functional storage for your coffee. Cute jars for ground coffee or pods are a must!
- Rack for cups. Displaying mugs in your coffee station is not only convenient but also stylish.
- Jar of sweeteners and cream. Syrups, sugar, and sugar substitutes are great things to include in your coffee station, as well as in a carafe of creamer.
- Spoons or beaters. You can include a jar with disposable spoons or stirring rods to make it easier to mix your coffee add-ons.
- Decor. Personalize your coffee station by adding a flower vase, coffee-related wall decor, or a small plant!
1. Mr IRONSTONE Vintage Kitchen Baker’s Rack Utility Storage Shelf 35.5″ Microwave Stand 3-Tier+4-Tier Shelf for Spice Rack Organizer Workstation with 10 Hooks – Coffee Station
- 3-Tier+4-Tier Kitchen Shelf & Ample Storage: size (35.5″ W *15.75″ D *52″H), the kitchen utility shelf has massive space. The sturdy top panel can hold a microwave oven and other kitchen appliances. The 3-Tier+4-Tier shelf can store toaster, spice, plate, dishes, and any other things you want. 10 hooks make it convenient to hang some cooking tools.
- Multipurpose Kitchen Shelf: Mr. IRONSTONE’s kitchen storage shelf protects your health and safety. It is a great choice to be your kitchen storage shelf, microwave stand, baker’s rack, spice rack organizer, and kitchen island.
- Solid & Sturdy Construction: the kitchen storage standing is constructed by a high-quality P2 MDF vintage board and black metal frame. The metal frame offers a large weight capacity.“ X” style design provides more support and ensures stability and durability.
- Fast Assembly & Easy Cleaning: the utility rack table needs to be assembled by yourself. Tools and instructions that are needed are included in the package. It’s easy to put it together with the detailed instructions. And with a wet cloth, you can wipe dirty stain easily from the smooth surface.
- What You Get: A kitchen baker’s rack, adjustable feet, side hooks, easy-to-follow instructions, and a simple assembly process.
2. Hodedah Kitchen Island with Spice Rack, Towel Rack & Drawer, Chocolate with Grey Top – Coffee Station
- Cabinet space to store small appliance, pots, and pans, and much more
- Drawer for storing utensils and dinnerware
- A convenient and accessible way to display your microwave, toaster, and other small appliances
- Wheels that facilitate movement around your kitchen as well as locking casters for fixed positioning
- Spice rack and towel holder for added convenience
- Overall dimensions (in inches) – 35 H x 46.65 W x 15.5 D
- Made using high quality compressed wood, which makes it sturdy and durable.
3. Pemberly Row Farmhouse Mesh Sliding Barn Door 32″ Wood Home Coffee Station Accent Chest Buffet Storage Cabinet in Gray Wash – Coffee Station
- Finish: Gray Wash
- Material: Made of high-grade MDF, durable laminate, and metal mesh
- Including adjustable shelving, open and closed storage, and exposed hardware
- A sliding mesh door in a barn style
- In an urban industrial and modern farmhouse design style.
4. HOMCOM Rolling Kitchen Island Cart with Drawers, Shelves, and Stainless Steel Top – Grey – Coffee Station
- Pine Wood
- ✅ADD STYLE TO YOUR HOME: This 3-tier rolling kitchen island is built in a rustic farmhouse style with beautiful white pine and engineered wood, a stylish stainless steel top, 4 smooth casters, and ample storage and shelving.
- ✅SPACE SAVING STORAGE: The trolley cart features 2 lower levels of shelving as well as 2 spacious pull-out drawers for ample storage for all of your daily cooking and eating kitchen essentials.
- PLENTY OF SHELVING: Ensure the freshness of your stored food and produce through the breathable slat shelves that include a small lip on either side to prevent your items from falling off.
- ✅USEFUL IN ANY ROOM: HomCom’s utility cart on wheels is made primarily to be used in the kitchen but you can also find a use for it in the dining room, bathroom, or bedroom.
- ✅EASY TO MOVE AROUND: 4 smooth-rolling wheels with 2 lockable brakes makes this microwave cart on wheels super simple to move to whatever location you need it.
5. Zulay Original Milk Frother Handheld Foam Maker for Lattes – Whisk Drink Mixer for Coffee, Mini Foamer for Cappuccino, Frappe, Matcha, Hot Chocolate by Milk Boss (Hearts) – Coffee Station
- Make Rich, Creamy Froth In Seconds: We coffee lovers are serious when it comes to our coffee. The Milk Boss Frother gives that professional finishing touch to your latte, cappuccino, macchiato, or hot chocolate. Make delicious foamy creamer for your drinks at home without a trip to Starbucks with your own milk frother. The benefits of having your own electric drink whisk mixer are endless, you can make your own best latte, you know your tastes best.
- Matcha Whisking, Keto Coffee & More: Customers say our frother works better than a manual matcha whisk for making matcha tea and works far better than fork or whisk for keto bulletproof coffee. It works very well to mix nutritious protein powder drinks with no extra container, blender, or bottle shaker to wash. Use our mini mixer for your whisking and mixing needs: Give healthy shakes and smoothies a kick by adding whey powder or egg nog flavor and mixing.
GO COFFEEHOUSE CHIC – Coffee Station
1. CHALK IT UP – Coffee Station
There’s something so effortlessly cozy about a chalkboard-covered café wall. To bring some of that coffeehouse charm to your own setup, consider hanging up a chalkboard or painting your wall with chalkboard paint. Not only does it instantly warm up space, it also gives you an excuse to curate your own delicious daily specials.
2. HANG WOODEN SHELVES
Another element that instantly comes to mind when thinking about a café is wood. From countertops to tables, it’s hard to think of a coffee shop without at least one wood feature to its decór scheme. The easiest way to add some wood to your setup? A gorgeous set of shelves! Design + storage = win-win.
3. ADD IN A (TINY) READING NOOK
The best kind of coffeehouses are the ones where you can chill out with a good read (after all, there’s nothing better than cozying up with a good book and a hot cup of joe). So when thinking about accents for your station, consider adding some beautifully bound books for ultimate coffee shop feel.
4. INCLUDE A STYLISH SPEAKER
To really bring it home, you’ll need a sleek Bluetooth speaker. Why? To play your favorite coffeehouse jams, of course! After all, what’s a trip to a café without being serenaded by Norah Jones or Jack Johnson at least once?
STOCK UP ON APPLIANCES – Coffee Station
5. MAKE YOUR COFFEE POT THE FOCAL POINT
It is the star of the space, after all, so you might as well go for a fun coffee pot. Whether you prefer a traditional drip, pour-over coffee, or your favorite single-serve pod, a coffee maker is the most essential part of any home coffee station setup. (How cute is this aqua retro number, BTW?)
6. UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS WITH AN ESPRESSO MAKER
Prefer your java a bit stronger? Go all out and pick up a state of the art espresso maker. A must-have for any true coffee aficionado, an expertly crafted espresso maker will also make a great focal element. (We love this classic Nespresso machine.)
7. TOP THINGS OFF WITH A TEA KETTLE – Coffee Station
While you might be building a coffee station, chances are you or someone in your household enjoys a nice cup of tea every now and again. Make brewing up a classic cuppa easy with a chic electric tea kettle.
LET YOUR STATION MAKE A BOLD, COLORFUL STATEMENT
8. PAINT AN ACCENT WALL
While warm, neutral colors are where most people’s minds go when designing their coffee station, for those with a more colorful palette, consider an accent wall. The perfect way to customize your station, it’s also a great option for indecisive designers. After all, you can easily paint it a different color next year, if you realize you’re no longer a millennial-pink person.
9. WORK IN POPS OF COLOR
Another great way to incorporate some color into your design is with colorful furniture. Think of striving for a 60/30/10 mix: Maybe your accent wall takes up 60 percent of the station in one color, making that your primary color. Then work in 30 percent of the items in a secondary color, and 10 percent in a third shade. Statement shelves, a bold set of chairs, or a funky cake stand or set of mugs are all ways to find that 30 percent. Then, for the final 10 percent…
10. DITCH BASIC BLACK APPLIANCES
One of the easiest (and most affordable) ways to liven up a coffee station is with colorful appliances. Ditch the black and stainless steel coffee pots! Companies like KitchenAid, Bialetti, and Le Creuset offer coffee makers, grinders, and espresso cups in an ever-growing range of hues, so you can create a coordinating set—or choose contrasting colors for a bigger visual impact.
GET CREATIVE WITH CUP STORAGE
11. HANG YOUR MUGS
Our favorite ways to store mugs? Hang them! Whether directly on a set of wall hooks (like this awesome Etsy find) or beneath some shelving, hanging your mugs will not only create some authentic coffeehouse ambiance, it’ll help clear some valuable counter space.
12. STACK YOUR MUGS Coffee Station
By stacking your mugs one on top of each other, you can add an easy to maintain whimsical look to any coffee setup.
13. DISPLAY MUGS FRONT AND CENTER
If you have just a few cups—say, 10 or less—consider placing them in rows, with each cup upside-down (so they don’t collect dust) on an open shelf. It’ll really bring that coffeehouse vibe, particularly if your mugs are all fairly similar in color and style.
GET FUNKY WITH FURNITURE
14. USE A KITCHEN CART
For some people, kitchen carts are where they store their pans, their baking supplies, and even some appliances. However, kitchen carts work for more than just storage—they make great coffee station, too. With all your machinery and coffee essentials in one place, kitchen carts are a great way to keep your coffee must-haves organized. Best of all, with a mobile kitchen cart, you can wheel your station about, making for a fun party trick when you roll out table-side service.
15. REPURPOSE A DRESSER OR ARMOIRE
For the über-crafty, consider repurposing an old piece of furniture. Maybe it’s an old armoire you were considering donating or a dresser that no longer fits your aesthetic. With a simple paint job, new hardware and some rearranging, you’ll be able to give your old furniture a new life instantly. Not so crafty? Etsy is full of upcycled designs others have created, like the armoire-turned-bar above.
16. TAKE IT OUT OF THE KITCHEN
Who said a coffee station had to be in the kitchen? Perfect in hallways and dining rooms, too, consider creating a dedicated area for your fave drinks. This also means that gorgeous cabinet in your dining room can now hold more than just a vase and fresh flowers.
ADD SOME STORAGE
17. PICK UP SOME DECORATIVE STORAGE CONTAINERS
When it comes to storing things like coffee, tea, sugar, and espresso, keeping them in the containers they came in just creates a messy look, making the area feel more cluttered than it actually is. Instead, opt for some stylish ceramic containers or clear jars to show off the goods. (These glass-and-wood containers are our fave.)
18. ORGANIZE THOSE PODS
If you’re a K-Cup or Nespresso fan, you know how annoying it can be to deal with storing extra pods. Luckily, you have some options. While storing them in a cabinet (out of sight, out of mind) is the easiest way to go, to keep them close at hand, consider a spinning pod stand. This way your pods will never be out of reach and your counter space will have a chic new decór element
19. BUY AN ACCESSORY HOLDER
To make your coffee station feel like the real thing, an accessory holder is a way to go. Look for an organizer that can hold everything from napkins and straws to sugar packets and stirrers, so you’re fully stocked (and everything has a designated home).
CONSIDER A CONCEALED COFFEE STATION
20. HIDE YOUR STATION IN A CABINET
So you want a coffee station but prefer to keep the look of your kitchen minimal. No problem! Create a hidden gem by placing your coffee station inside a cabinet, like designer Jasmine Roth did here. Whether this simply means placing all of your essentials within an existing cabinet or refinishing one with, let’s say, a pull-down door, this concealed station will help maintain your design flow without sacrificing your caffeine intake.
21. COVER YOUR APPLIANCES
If a display of coffee tools and appliances isn’t something you’re into, you can keep things hidden with some handy appliance covers. This is a great tip for someone looking to keep a design scheme coherent, even with mismatching appliances.
How do you make a kitchen coffee station? How to Create a Coffee Station in Your Kitchen
- Choose the Perfect Spot.
- Place Your Coffee Pot and Other Must-Have Appliances.
- Display Your Mugs and Supplies.
- Finish Off with Fun Decorations.
Where should a coffee maker be placed in a kitchen?
Possibly the most convenient and efficient place in your kitchen for the coffee maker would be a separate shelf or a side counter. Basically, any spot that’s strictly reserved for the devices that provides you with a hot cup of coffee every morning would be a great choice.
How do you keep coffee station clean?
But the only way to really keep my area clean is constantly wipe it down with a damp paper towel. Even the mat needs to be rinsed off frequently. I use one of these to clean the counter or outside of the grinder. It’s awesome.
21 Coffee Station Ideas coffee bar, kitchen Dream Home Cafe 2022
- Proven and Trusted Quality: We use only premium materials. The construction will last, backed by our Zulay Guarantee to not rust or break, ever. Our small and efficient frother works on all types of milk – half and half, creamer, soy, almond, cashew, hazelnut, whole milk, and another dairy such as butter or cream.
- Easy To Clean and Store: The durable convenient metal stand gives easy access to foamy goodness in seconds. Cleanup for this matcha Wisk & frother is even faster. To clean just put the whisk in hot running water and briefly turn it on – instantly clean! When stored on a counter or table it sits nicely next to other coffee accessories. Our powerful and durable hand-held milk frother is powered by two AA batteries (not included) with a compact electric design that easily fits in a drawer.
- No Hassle, Kitchen Happiness Zulay Guarantee: We love and take pride in our milk frother and we back this up with a lifetime guarantee. Have the confidence that this frother will last, if there are ever any issues, just contact us and we will make it right. Order now and be assured that this product will live up to your expectations, guaranteed. If it does not make your foam exactly how you want it, we got you covered. Bulletproof is a registered trademark of Bulletproof 360, Inc.
Searches related to the coffee station
- coffee station table
- bedroom coffee station
- coffee station cabinet
- coffee station in the kitchen
- DIY coffee station
- counter coffee station
- furniture coffee station
- coffee station machine